The truth is, honestly, as you have ended up coming to this page, you must admit that you are a music lover and have an interest in this little musical instrument.
Let me guess, either you are one of them who plays the ukulele or the one who is merely looking for a beginner version of ukulele that you can use roughly for practicing purposes, and surprise your bud by playing it nice.
Trust me; it’s the right choice to buy a beginner-friendly ukulele primarily, because if you can play well with one of the best ukuleles for beginners.
It will be effortless for you to play when you buy a professional high quality and costly ukulele.
Thus we are writing this review so that you can compare among all these beginners ukulele easily, and take the right decision when you buy a ukulele for beginners.
Related Read: Best Acoustic Guitar for Beginners
Are Beginners’ Ukuleles Different from Professional Ukuleles?
The answer is no; there are some specific ukulele brands that are really good for beginners and kids.
Say, for example, one of the best ukulele brands for beginners is Kala, and another is Lanikai. You will find many good brands on Amazon, which are really good and beginner-friendly.
But which is the best ukulele brand for beginners?
Well, that is the reason I am writing this article, to let you know various kinds of ukulele brands, their pros, and cons so that you can select the right one for yourself, which can help you to learn to play ukuleles very fast.
What are the Beginners’ Ukuleles?
Like the name says, beginners ukuleles are specific brands and models that are specially designed for beginners and kids so that it can suit them well and make it easy for them to learn.
So, if you are a beginner or want to buy a ukulele for your kid, you must read this article and research a bit about all the best ukulele for beginners from all the best ukulele reviews and guides we are covering and then decide which one is best suits you and can help you learn faster.
Things to Keep in Mind When You Think to Buy a Ukulele (Buyers Guide)
A beginner ukulele will not make you spend a considerable amount because you are just starting out and you do not need the pro features on a ukulele.
From another perspective, it should not be that cheap either. If you are up for cheap options, this article on cheap ukuleles should be a good fit for you.
Yes, low prices may attract you and manipulate your mind to buy it, but you have to keep in mind that most of those are designed with international standards.
Moreover, it will not serve you quite a good sound and also you can not play many jingles and music with such a faulty ukulele.
The best beginner ukulele should be of a standard price so that you can maintain the conventional learning process. Thus, maintaining the usual learning process will help you to learn faster and also help you to be a professional with no hassle and have no difficulty.
Therefore, a beginner-friendly ukulele should not be something out of your reach because as a beginner, you will not have that level of experience to handle it.
But don’t worry, you will learn to handle such an expensive ukulele once you have learned to handle a beginner’s ukulele.
On the other hand, a beginners’ ukulele should not be that cheap, which can lead you to a failure to learn to play ukulele as cheap ones lack many features and are not beginner-friendly.
What you need is a standard one which has all the basic featured and also maintains the standard sounding features so that it becomes easy for you to learn.
Global Ukulele Sizes
Entry-level ukuleles come with four sizes. They are as follows:
- Concert Size Ukulele
- Tenor Ukulele
- Soprano Size Ukulele
- Baritone Ukulele
Each of the sizes has its own uniqueness, pros, and, cons depending on their features and styles. I have top picks for each of the sizes. Here is a list of our top picks from all the best starter ukulele depending on each of the sizes.
10 Best Ukulele for Beginners Review 2020
Top 3 Picks at a Glance
Concert Size Bundle From Lohanu Review
If you are looking for the whimsical concert ukulele bundle at a reasonable price, this ukulele is best for you as it is an attractive model with a classic and sweet sound.
The neck, sides, back, and top are a combination of Mahogany and Sapele, whereas the fingerboard is made up of rosewood. This concert size bundle is famous around everyone who is trying to learn it.
Let us talk about some of the great features of this best concert ukulele for beginners.
It is one of the attractive ukuleles with exceptional craftsmanship at a very reasonable price. The strap buttons are a unique touch, and it is a well-made ukulele.
This instrument slows down into tune pleasantly after being played, and then returned multiple times. If you give this device some patience and time, it will gift you with the melodious music.
When the weather changes, it stays in tune very well. It requires recurrent tuning, but it is easy and fast and stays in tune for a long time while you are enjoying it.
The Lohanu ukulele bundle contains everything you need to initiate if you are a beginner, involving the picks you may or may not want to use.
- BEST VALUE & BEST CHOICE! Soprano (21 in) is suitable for adults with small hands & children age 8 & under. Concert (24 in) is MOST POPULAR & has wider spaced frets. Concert is recommended for most adults & children age 9 & up. Tenor (26 in) is recommended for adults with large hands.
- EXCLUSIVE ARCHED BACK Almost Professional Sounding Instrument, produces a Deeper, Louder, Longer Sustained & Fuller sound than a flat back or a cheap solid wood ukulele! BEAUTIFUL DESIGN Sapele Wood, Premium White Bindings all around ukalalee body & neck. Chrome shiny tuning gears, keeps in perfect tuning.
- BEST & MOST COMPLETE ACCESSORIES! Includes 2 strap buttons installed, tuner, padded case, picks, extra Super Aquila Nylgut strings. EXCLUSIVE Leather Pick & Uke hanger! All accessories easily $40-50 Value!
- High-Quality Sound & Building Materials
- Mid Range and Affordable
- Arched Back Design
- Aquila Strings
- Great Tuner
- Lightweight, 1.2 Pounds Only
- Fretboards Could have been of better quality
To know more about this ukulele, check Ukulele Concert Size Bundle from Lohanu Review LU-C
Cordoba 15TM Tenor Ukulele
This Cordoba 15TM Tenor Ukulele is among the best models on the graphic representation of best beginner ukulele as it, not a concert or a soprano.
It is a tenor which is considered the best ukulele for adults.
The size of the tenor is big as compared to the standard size of the concert or soprano uke.
Hence, it attracts more to adults and those having big hands. The body of this instrument is made up of laminated mahogany with an ABS binding and a sleek satin finish. Some great features of Cordoba 15TM Tenor Ukulele are:
This uke consists of some high-quality hardware like the perfect silver tuners with the pearl buttons for tuning. It also constitutes a composite saddle and nut, a rosewood bridge and a good set of tenor strings.
The large tenor-sized body shows a remarkable level of volume and projection, making it best for the people who are looking for something bigger than concert ukuleles.
This 15TM establishes a well-balanced tone with ear-pleasing overtones and super dynamic range.
The neck of 15TM is best for improving the shifting of energy from the strings to the body for a rich and deep sound. It is a great playing and great sounding ukulele.
- Mahogany top, back, and sides
- Satin finish
- Tenor size
- Mahogany top, back, and sides
- Satin finish
- Silver Tuner
- Premium Aquila Strings
- 1.5 Pounds Weight Only
- Size is a bit unfriendly for Kids
To know more about this ukulele, check Cordoba 15TM Tenor Ukulele Review
Kala KA-15S Mahogany Soprano Ukulele
If you are looking for the best ukulele for beginners at an affordable price, your search can end up here with Kala KA-15S Mahogany Soprano Ukulele.
The neck and the body are made up of mahogany. The neck features 12 silver nickel frets on either walnut or rosewood fretboard.
Due to its size, it is considered the best ukulele for small hands.
There are excellent playability – the comfortable neck and a fun instrument.
The ability to keep tuning can be temperamental, mainly when there are new strings. Some features of KA-15S Mahogany Soprano Ukulele are:
KA-15S is the best for listening and price. It provides a pleasant, cheerful, and lively sound that everyone wishes from the uke, with a great cordiality from the mahogany.
Definitely, it is not the loudest instrument, but it is considered a satisfying one.
Small and LightWeight
It can be your partner for the road and the first ukulele for the children. Kala KA-15S is only 20.875 inches in length.
Easy to Play
It is very kids-friendly! Easy to play, and best for the kids and beginners. It has a great tone and volume for a laminate-wood ukulele. It comes with instructional DVD, accessories, and a gig bag.
- Kala’s KA-15S came into the world in 2005 as the answer to a high-quality, affordable, entry-level ukulele and still remains the unrivaled ukulele in its class.
- The KA-15S is well-suited for classroom use, practicing, and acoustic performance. It is the instrument of choice for schools - More people learn to play on a Kala than any other ukulele brand
- A very traditional Mahogany Soprano Ukulele in a satin finish with a bright, warm, full-bodied tone.
- High-Quality Aquila Super Nyglut Strings
- Affordable Price!
- High-Quality Materials (Mahogany, Walnut, Nubone, GraphNut, Rosewood)
- Mahogany Wood Construction with Satin Finishing with WoodGrain Accent
- GraphTech NuBone
- 12 Brass Frets
- Sound Quality Could be Better
To know more about this ukulele, check Kala KA 15S Soprano Ukulele Review
3 Best Ukulele for the Money (Under $50)
ADM Beginner Ukulele 21 Inch Soprano Kids Starter Pack Bundle with Gig Bag, Wine Red
ADM Beginner Ukulele is known as the best ukulele for the money as its material and deigns legit and raw, at a very pocket-friendly price. It is also regarded as an entry-level ukulele.
This instrument is made up of Basswood. The neck and body constitute Basswood, and it has a fingerboard built with the same material.
It has linden sides and back with a beautiful and smooth design. Let us discuss the fantastic features of the best beginner ukulele, ADM Beginner Ukulele 21 Inch.
It consists of a clean, simple, and excellent design.
It has a niche laser-etched logo and rosette on its head. It is mostly available in two different colors.
One is Wine Red, and the other is Black. Most of the people prefer to buy its unique Wine Red color.
When you grip it, the smooth basswood finishing feels so great. It has a comfortable grip, so it does not slip when a child is playing it. This aspect makes it the best ukulele for beginners.
In comparison with other tenor and concert ukuleles, this ADM ukulele is 21 inches which is a small length.
This short length makes it comfortable and easy to use for the people who are new and also for the children to learn.
- TOP QUALITY MATERIALS-ADM 21" traditional soprano ukulele top, back, and sides are made of superior-quality basswood which offers a bright and distinctive tone whether you solo, play along with singing, or jam with friends. The nylon strings and eco-friendly design will make it your favorite musical instrument.
- EASY TO PLAY-15 Brass Frets with Fret position Marks at 5th,7th, 10th, 12th and 15th frets on neck and top of fingerboard, which make it easy for beginner to leran
- HAPPY PLAYING Suitable for music lovers of all ages. Whether you are a child, a student, an adlut or an elderly,just try it. ADM 21 inch Ukelele will be a good starting instrument and worth giving it a shot to see if it interests you.
- Built with Quality Materials
- Nice Classic Design
- 21 Inches Length
- 1.5 Pounds of Weight
- Best Affordable Ukulele for Sound Quality
- Comes with Good Quality Eared Tuner
- 15 Brass Frets
- One year of Service Warranty
- Building Materials Could be Better
- It Could have Came with Better Quality Strings
To know more about this ukulele, check ADM Ukulele 21 Inches Review
Kala MK-SD/PL Makala Dolphin Bridge Soprano Ukulele – Purple
Kala MK-SD/PL Makala Dolphin Bridge Soprano Ukulele is an affordable and well-built instrument among the top names in the best beginner ukuleles.
The build quality of MK-SD is excellent, considering its price. All the essential stuff is included in this instrument: decent playability, even fretwork, and straight neck.
The tuners work fine, but they consist of plastic washers that are loose at the top of the headstock that can rarely vibrate when specific chords or notes are played. Some of the features of Kala MK-SD are:
Best Look and Finish
The finish of the instrument is uniform, deep, and vibrant. You will love the bold color, purple of Dolphin Bridge Soprano Ukulele.
The saddle and fingerboard are rosewood, and the neck is mahogany- all the standard materials for an acoustic instrument.
This best ukulele for beginners has a decent-sounding tone. It does not blow you away as it did not sound bad.
This Dolphin Ukulele sounds much better as compared to the super cheap ukes. This Kala MK-SD/PL Makala comes with amazing Aquila Nylgut strings.
The Kala MK-SD/PL Makala Ukulele consists of a laminated mahogany top, which is present in multiple economical ukes. The sides and back of the instrument are built with a single molded piece of material.
- Vibrant Color
- Dolphin Shape Bridge
- Geared Tuners
- Soprano Uke w/Kauri Top and Composite Back & Sides
- 13.625″ Scale Length; Mahogany Neck w/Rosewood Fingerboard
- Dolphin-Shaped Bridge; Plastic Nut & Saddle
- Aquila Super Nylgut Strings
- Nylon Carry Bag Included
- The design and color combination could have been better
- The size of the ukulele could be smaller as a soprano ukulele though it is actually a pro’ of this ukulele.
To know more about this ukulele, check Kala MK-SD/PL/CAR Makala Dolphin Bridge Soprano Ukulele Review
Mahalo Ukuleles MK1TBR Kahiko Series Soprano Ukulele
For several years, Mahalo has been making quality ukuleles for all kinds of players. The ukuleles have a fantastic sound and come with solid construction.
One of the best Mahalo products is Mahalo Ukuleles MK1TBR Kahiko Series which is not much costly but can compete with other expensive ukuleles.
These ukuleles are transparent brown and have semi-gloss finishes which make them more attractive.
Also, the ukulele is lightweight, durable, and portable. Features of Mahalo Ukuleles MK1TBR are:
This uke is involved in producing a bright and vibrant sound. As compared to other low-cost ukuleles, it has the right amount of sustain and volume. It sounds great when it is tuned right. The strings need some time to stretch, but you can wait to become better.
The machine heads of MK1TBR is built with nickel and vintage geared material. It assists in keeping the ukulele in tune for an extended period; that’s why you do not need to tune it all the time.
This ukulele consists of a Soprano case that protects the uke from the effects of weather and dust. This cover also plays an essential role when it comes to people who travel a lot, as it prevents both the body and the strings from improper handling and scratches.
- Semi-Gloss Finishes
- Mahogany Fingerboard and Bridge
- Brass Frets
- Extremely Cheap and Best Affordable Ukulele
- Best Value for Money Ukulele
- 1.05 pounds of Weight
- Not Good Quality of Strings
To know more about this ukulele, check Mahalo Soprano Ukulele Review [Khaiko MK1TBR]
2 Of the Best Beginners Ukulele Under $100
|Cordoba 15CM Concert Ukulele||558 Reviews||Check Price|
|Luna Tattoo Concert Mahogany Ukulele with Gig Bag, Satin Natural||655 Reviews||Check Price|
Cordoba 15CM Concert Ukulele
Cordoba is renowned for the best quality instruments, whether it is a concert ukulele or an acoustic guitar, they deliver everything leading from the attention to detail to good craftsmanship.
Cordoba 15CM is a portion of 15 series which targets at creating the ukuleles for the beginners. Multiple manufacturers aim at decreasing the costs for beginners by compromising the quality.
But, if you are searching for a ukulele that will persist for many years and be convenient when you are an expert, you can go for Cordoba 15CM Concert Ukulele. Some great aspects of this ukulele are:
This ukulele consists of a mahogany neck and mahogany body.
The Ivoroid binding is well polished, and you get ab elegant and beautiful looking ukulele along with the matte finish. The best features of this uke are ivoroid body and abalone-style rosette.
When it comes to talking about hardware, Cordoba is best in this feature too. There are durable and well-made rosewood bridge and fingerboard with the tuning machines.
The overall tone is lovely and well-balanced. The sound is so good because of exceptional craftsmanship and high-quality mahogany body.
- Mahogany Top, back, and sides
- Great warm and rich sound quality
- 24 Inches
- Satin finish
- Premium Aquila Strings
- The weight of this ukulele is 4 pounds which can be a bit challenging for beginners and especially kids to practice with it.
To know more about this ukulele, check Cordoba 15CM Concert Ukulele Review
Luna Tattoo Concert Mahogany Ukulele with Gig Bag, Satin Natural
A beautiful sound, a classic shape, and distinctive style details add up to a very famous instrument.
The cost of Luna Tattoo Concert Mahogany Ukulele is around 100 dollars, bridging the gap between the costly ukes intended for the expert players and ultra-economical devices.
This unique ukulele includes a mahogany back and sides and a solid spruce top.
This specific model sorts a design depending on the Hawaiian turtle, honu, a sign of longevity and endurance. Let us talk about Luna Tattoo Concert Mahogany Ukulele’s best features.
The tuning mechanisms are just beautiful. For the first few days, the uke may slip out of tune frequently till there is proper stretching of strings. After playing for some time, it stays in tune and requires a little adjustment.
This ukulele is undeniably beautiful. The artwork makes the addition of multiple characters to the uke and makes it a preference to see in addition to playing. Most people fall in love with its unusual design.
Reasonably Prices Strings
The Aquila strings of this instrument are pleasant to touch and pocket-friendly whenever you want to replace the inexpensive ones with Aquila strings.
- This Tattoo Concert Uke takes its design from traditional Hawaiian body ornamentation
- The designs were monochromatic, tattooed in black against brown skin
- The patterns and layout were strongly geometric and there were many shapes and symbols representing the natural island world
- Stunning and kinky tattoo design
- Mahogany top, back, and sides with a rosewood fingerboard
- Quality gig bag included
- 1.3 pounds of weight
- Some might not like the distinctive styling
- Ukulele lessons are not included
To know more about this ukulele, check Luna Tattoo Ukulele Review [Uke TC MAH Concert Size]
2 of Best Ukulele Picks for Beginners Under $200
|Ukulele Starter Kit (15-FREE-Bonuses) Mahogany Uke, Compression Sponge Case, Aquila Strings, Felt...||188 Reviews||Check Price|
|Cordoba 20CM Mahogany Concert Ukulele||199 Reviews||Check Price|
Ukulele Starter Kit – Includes Mahogany Uke, Compression Sponge Case, Aquila Strings, Felt Picks, Tuner, Chord Stamp, Chord Chart, Leather Strap with Live Online Lessons
Built with the beginners in mind, the Ukulele Starter Kit comes in light mahogany for a traditional and pleasing appearance. This instrument is of excellent quality, and the kit comes with a lot of extras to provide you with a good initiative on your adventure to music.
The high-quality Aquila Super Nylgut strings offer a sweet and pleasing sound. The tuning app and tuning machines combine to assist you in getting your instrument in tune so that the music plays the way you want it to. Some features of Ukulele Starter Kit are:
The starter kit provides excellent quality at an incredible price. The kit includes a lot of extras including Mahogany Uke, Compression Sponge Case, Aquila Strings, Felt Picks, Tuner, Chord Stamp, Chord Chart, and Leather Strap.
The lessons are excellent accessories with very little effort of yours; you will learn to play your first music within no time of getting your instrument into tune. Additionally, the lessons are motivational, and you will develop a lot of confidence. The style of instruction is easy to follow.
- DID YOU KNOW IF YOU WERE TO BUY EACH INDIVIDUAL ITEM IT'D COST YOU OVER $400? IT'S HARD KNOWING WHAT TO BUY, HOW TO GET STARTED, WORRY OF WASTING MONEY! Each kit is shipped flawlessly to your home with no missing pieces - It all just works perfectly together. Our 40 years in the Music Industry has ELIMINATED the RISK and GUESS WORK. Every item accelerates your learning, want to know how? Keep reading below or beat the price rise and secure one of the last remaining "Limited Launch Edition" sets.
- SPEND THE EXTRA $20? IT'S OK TO BE COOL! IMAGINE WALKING AROUND WITH A PLASTIC UKULELE OR AT YOUR 1ST LESSON GETTING EYEBALLED. That's right, we are hip, we are honest, we do stand by our products and we do care. Isn't it always the case, you get what you pay for? Personally, we've found it so and after testing nearly every ukulele on the market through our 27-point QC -We were shocked by fake parts. We aren't the cheapest, we know this, you know this. But cheap often doesn't bring happiness.
- HOW IS THIS BUNDLE BETTER? THE INTERNET IS BLOWING UP OVER our "Snug Fit" compression case, smooth glide zip technology keeps your precious ukulele safe, where other designs fail. Felt Picks that don't scratch like other kits. Ukulele Strap, adjustable of course, fits your ukulele, leather and super cool. Clip-on Glow Tuner, Chord Stamp for creating music, Chord Poster, Videos, Lessons, Guides, Assurances, The Lot. ADD a BONDI UKULELE to Cart Now - Everyone else does!
- Lots of free accessories
- Standard Quality Ukulele
- Great Sound Quality
- Handmade Deluxe Saddle
- Aquila Strings
- The weight is too much
- It is a Big size ukulele for Kids
To know more about this ukulele, check Bondi Ukulele Starter Kit Bundle Pack Review [Best Starter Bundle]
Cordoba 20CM Concert Ukulele
A mid-range ukulele best for beginners as well as for the expert players is Cordoba 20 CM Concert Ukulele.
Cordoba is a well-known stringed instrument manufacturer famous for their guitars and ukuleles alike.
The 20CM Concert Ukulele is the concert-sized variety of the 20 series, as compared to the cheap ukuleles, you will find the build quality of this instrument is very much high. Some of the Cordoba 20CM Concert Ukulele’s best features are:
This instrument constitutes 18 frets, and it gives you a punchy and strong sound that is amazing for any kind of music you play. The solid top makes this instrument full and richer sounding as compared to the low-cost ukuleles.
Everything about this uke is built and well-constructed from the tuning gear to the body of the instrument. It perfectly holds a tune.
Best Quality Strings
The strings that you will see with this best beginner ukulele are Aquile Nylgut which are linked at the top of the line.
You do not need replacing the strings until they break, there is nothing else that you will need to switch over too! If the strings get broken, they hold a tune for several weeks without any problem.
- Solid mahogany top
- Mahogany back and sides
- Rosewood bridge and fingerboard
- Amazing Sound Quality
- Mahogany Build with Rosewood FretBoard
- 1.12 pounds of Weight
- High-Range Price, which makes it hard for some people to afford it.
- Length is a bit big
To know more about this ukulele, check Cordoba 20CM Concert Ukulele Review
We hope that you enjoy the process whatever you do. You can choose any best ukulele for beginners. Happy Playing!
Last update on 2020-08-07 at 21:59 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API